Due to the unique times we're currently in, our More Than Magic fundraiser is going virtual this year!
The COVID-19 crisis and shelter in place changed so much about our lives. During these unprecedented times, we are still looking toward the future with hope. We know we have a long road ahead of us but wanted to share some of the things we're doing to support our community during these unprecedented times. Please consider helping us provide these emergency services by donating today.
We're also expanding our community support by providing additional services:
- Free food boxes are available at our Ella Hill Hutch Community Center (EHH) site on Fridays. They contain enough food for 3-4 days.
- Hot meals are also available at EHH Monday-Friday. These hot meals support local restaurants who are suffering from a lack of foot traffic.
- We're partnering with the City to investigate the possibility of repurposing our tennis courts as an off-site hospital emergency room for non-COVID-19 related emergencies. Our gym is also in consideration to become a hotel for nearby hospital and healthcare staff.
- Our program staff are keeping in close contact with our students remotely; checking-in regularly, polling families to make sure they have access to all of their basic needs and connecting them with resources whenever possible.
- We are also ensuring our students have all of their educational needs met. Our K-8 youth have been encouraged to participate in the Everybody Reads! Google Classroom and are receiving one-on-one tutoring from our program staff to ensure they're not skipping a beat while they're unable to physically be in the classroom.
- All of our Teens and Transitional Age Youth have been invited to sign up for the Opportunities for All Google Classroom so they can receive digital tools, academic enrichment, and workforce development resources to support distance learning.
- Distributing hygiene kits; feminine products, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hand soap, deodorant, and hand sanitizer
- Providing students with permanently owned laptops; they will greatly benefit from a computer in the new school year to help make sure they don’t fall behind.
- School supplies kits to support distance learning; games, puzzles, markers, glue, scissors, crayons, books, paper
Our community and our students depend on us to provide these emergency services and quality services this summer. Your support is needed now more than ever to help us fight learning loss and keep our youth on track.
Checks are also welcome and can be made payable to “COLLECTIVE IMPACT” and mailed to:
PO Box 156853
San Francisco, CA 94115