Do you know that there are over 375,000 undocumented people in Georgia? They are essential workers, they are your neighbors, our caregivers, journalists, doctors, engineers, the ones that are keeping our hospitals clean and welcoming. They are our community yet they do not qualify for ANY of the state, local or federal relief.
They don't qualify for Medicaid or for the IRS check. They have nowhere to turn.
100% of the dollars raised will support emergency assistance for immigrant families in crisis in MANY counties (Dekalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, Clarke, Whitfield, Chatham, and some areas in South Georgia) through the AMAZING community work of four core organizations and other coalition partners and members:
- Vecinos of Buford Highway in Dekalb County
- Ser Familia (offices in Cobb and Gwinnett Counties)
- Coalition of Latino Leaders in Dalton (Whitfield County)
- Dignidad Inmigrante (Clarke County)
Other partners we commit to re-grant to include: (U-Lead Athens, Freedom U, Savannah Undocumented Youth Alliance, ABAC Multicultural Programs, etc)
All these organizations are keeping their doors open to serve the community, have capacity to distribute food and financial assistance and are working with local churches and businesses to make sure that dollars stay in the communities they live in and work.
This effort is prioritizing the following community members:
-Current families grantees serve and know are in crisis
- Undocumented or mixed-status families that do not qualify to any other state or federal relief
- Families with no work or limited/temporary work
- Families with members with symptoms, at high-risk or with children under 18
- Families that do not have reliable transportation
LCF Georgia has matched the first $5,000 raised. Significant donors that have provided offline support for this fund include: