You’re invited to help us raise $25,000 for PCOS research during our 3rd Annual International PCOS Strides 5K Walk
We need your help in raising public awareness, showing support and raising funds for research towards Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is an incurable epidemic affecting the quality of life in over 10,000,000 women in the world. That is 1 out of 5 women, and most have no idea what PCOS even is! Not only is it the number one cause of infertility, but it also is the cause of fatigue, pelvic pain, weight gain, depression, hair loss, anxiety and more. If left untreated, it can lead to Gynecological Cancers, Breast Cancer, Heart Disease and Diabetes.
September is national Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Awareness Month. As you know, September is rapidly approaching and we are inviting everyone to immerse themselves in the world of teal and participate in our 3rd Annual International PCOS Strides 5K Walk. This year we are excited to announce that we are going international! To have a more reaching impact, we have decided to make this year’s race a virtual race, which will take place September 1 - 30, 2019.
You might be wondering, what exactly is a virtual race? A virtual race is a race that you complete at your own pace (either walking or running) at any location you choose. Some people prefer to complete their virtual race on a trail or sidewalk, while others may choose to participate on a treadmill at the gym. You can participate solo or with friends.
We are using #PCOSStrides2019 on all social media platforms to encourage the sharing of pictures and stories. Let’s see that Teal Power! Show your creativity. Feel free to create banners, deck yourself out in teal, and so much more!
Registration: To register for the event, click on the “REGISTER” button. This will direct you to our campaign portal where you will create a webpage, which you can personalize with your story, pictures and videos. Your family and friends can visit your page and make a donation on your behalf. Your webpage will also track your progress as you reach your goal.
PCOS Strides Virtual Walk/Run You will also have a chance to purchase a t-shirt. Register for PCOS Strides 2019 by August 6th to receive your shirt in time for the race. T-shirts can be purchased HERE
Every person who registers for the race and donates $15 will receive their own personalized PCOS Strides Medal and Racing bib.
You may register as an individual, join a team or create a team through the registration process. If the team you are joining is not listed, try searching for just a few letters or contact the Team Captain. You will receive a confirmation email after your registration is complete. Then you will be able to login with your username and password at any time.
Register to Win:
All walk registrants will be entered into a drawing to win 1 of 10 - $50 Amazon Gift Cards.
Each registrant that raises over $50 will be entered into a raffle to win 1 of 5 - $100 Amazon Gift Cards.
● Registration is FREE but we do encourage fundraising!
● The virtual race will take place from September 1 - 30, 2019. The last day to register online is September 1st.
● There is no age restriction for walking
● We strongly encourage each walk participant to register themselves so they may verify all their information is entered correctly, as well as agree to the Waiver.
● Through last year’s fundraising, we raised $15,000 to go towards the research of PCOS by Cornell University!
● This year help us raise $25,000 towards the research, advocacy and support of PCOS by Pennington Biomedical Research Center by creating your own Personal Fundraiser and encourage your family and friends to participate! Pennington is currently conducting research on The Gene Mapping of PCOS. This research study aims to identify which genes, among women of different races, may influence the development of polycystic ovary syndrome.