We are ER Taylor! We are Global Leaders! We are College Bound!
ER Taylor PTA's mission is to promote and enrich the quality and experience of our students by building a closer connection between school, home, and community; and to raise funds to enrich and sustain our school programs. ER Taylor is a unique, diverse, and vibrant school in the southeast corner of San Francisco. We are a large PreK-5 school, with 684 students, with all of our students qualifying for the free lunch program. Although we do receive some Title One federal funding and tax dollars, it does not cover the cost of many of our basic needs.
This is why we need your help to reach our vision and to sustain programming for our students, families, and teachers!
All donations are investments in creating a brighter and better community through each and every one of the students and families we serve.
- Visual and Performing Arts: If you want to support the A in STE”A”M and sustain our Visual and Performing Arts Program, your monetary donation supplements the Public Education Enrichment Fund (PEEF) we receive to hire consultants to provide visual arts, music and dance education to our students. Funds are raised every year to purchase costumes and props for our annual Chinese and Mexican Folk dance performances. Our Visual and Performing Arts Fundraising Goal to support Arts Education and Performances is $20,000.
- Spaces and Structures for Outdoor Play: Our campus serves 684 students. We have 3 recesses for K, 1st-2nd and 4th-5th and need to provide structured spaces for students to play and take breaks. We need a donor to invest in a playground upgrade which includes a shaded play structure and outdoor seating area. Our Fundraising Goal to support Spaces and Structures for Outdoor Play is $60,000.
- Wellness Program: Our Wellness Program is in the care of our Social Workers, School Nurse, Community Specialist and Family Liaison. If you are interested in supporting and sustaining our Community School Vision and our ability to provide wellness services and education to our students, families and staff your monetary donation will support the implementation of our districts’ Health Champions initiative through nutrition, mindfulness, Restorative Practices and yoga. Students also receive advisory, on-site therapy, socio-emotional learning, and linkage to family services. Our fundraising goal to support and enrich our Wellness Program is $10,000.
- STEAM Education: If you are interested in contributing to our Science Technology Engineering Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Program, your monetary donation will give our students equitable access to universal outdoor science and eco-literacy education by sustaining our environmental education program through SEI and our collaborative partnership with the Mission Science Education Workshop in the Excelsior. SEI is a 20+ year old non-profit and will be our new Ecoliteracy partner and the Mission Science Workshop has been an ER Taylor Partner for almost a decade. Our Fundraising Goal to support our outdoor STEAM and Eco-Literacy experience is $50,000.
- Chromebook Carts for Every Class: Every student and teacher needs equitable access and use of technology and this is a much-needed program enhancement to support with our STEAM curriculum and implementation. An increase of technology access and use will not only create a more 21st Century Aligned learning experience, but it will also support our commitment to Save Our Mother Earth and reduce the amount of paper use and waste. In the words of our students, “Every student needs an iPencil and iPad!” Fund our vision and need to provide our 684 PK-5 students with Chrome Books and iPads as a learning and communication tools. Our goal is to ensure our PK-1 students have 1 device for every 3 student access and 1-1 device access and use for every 2nd-5th Grade Student. Our Technology Fundraising Goal to support student and teacher use and access to technology is $200,000.