The Wall of Love and Remembrance is an art installation on the UU Studio City campus on display through 2022. The idea comes from the memorial tile walls installed in New York City after the World Trade Center attacks. Our wall is an opportunity for community members to remember loved ones, honor those who served, and celebrate relationships that were lost, found, or strengthened during the pandemic and social unrest of the 2020s.
The wall was begun in October 2020, and new tiles are installed every month. Once we can meet as a congregation, we will have a ceremony to sanctify the wall as a community memorial. The tiles will be on display at least through 2022.
Important information you should know:
- Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Tiles are 6" x 6" square and made of natural birch wood (see the examples shown.)
- New tiles are installed every month.
- Our artists can make your tile, or you can make your own.
If we are creating your tile, you will be asked during checkout for the wording you want us to use. The tiles we make are printed in UV resistant inks and are covered with a coat of polyurethane varnish.
If you are creating your own tile, pay here, then arrange with the church office at info@UUstudiocity.org to pick up a blank tile to decorate. Please use fade-resistant inks. We will add a coat of polyurethane varnish.
- We request that you include an acknowledgement of your donation on the tile. "Donated by Your Name" or " -- Your Name" to show the participatory nature of the wall, as opposed to a "somebody-else-paid-for-it" art installation.
- We reserve the right to re-word, refuse and/or remove any tiles not in the positive, constructive, and supportive spirit of the wall. No partisan politics, please.
We intend for the Wall of Love and Remembrance to become an empowering gathering place for the Studio City community. Thank you for your support.