The Capital City Dragon Boat Festival, presented by the Women's Center of Greater Lansing, is a charity dragon boat race event that encourages team effort and community giving to benefit the Women's Center.
This year, due to COVID-19, we are going digital! There will still be teams of up to 22 people, but this year will be a few weeks of virtual challenges followed up by 'Individual Racing' and virtual Championship celebration. Register your team here and we will send you further directions!
VIRTUAL RACE PLAN
Our Virtual Racing Challenge is comprised of three components that all contribute to the competition for the Virtual Champ Cup.
1. Fun challenges to get teams connected and excited
2. A 30-minute race component that individuals complete
3. Fundraising–after all, this is still a charity event!
• Teams can have as many participants as they want, of any age.
• The team captain registers the team and then invites participants to join the team.
• Each team has a webpage created to help them build community and fundraise.
• Challenge activities will be fun events like photo challenges, wellness challenges or physical/athletic challenges.
• Points will be awarded by our Spirit Judges on each challenge based on team participation, and spirit clothing worn.
• Fun Challenges will be sent out to teams every 2-3 weeks from September 1st through September 20th for them to complete on the way to the cup.
• The virtual race challenge takes place during the week of September 22nd.
• Individuals will complete their 30 minute virtual race distance anywhere using any of the following modes they choose to obtain distances.
• Distances can be completed by running, walking, paddling, swimming (2x the distance), rowing, or biking (15 minutes on bikes)
• The captain will select up to 22 individual distance results to be submitted to the CCDB race committee by September 30th to count toward the virtual Champ Cup