Rules and Regulations
1. “Teams” can consist of any number of people, but one member must be chosen captain.
2. Cookers must provide a grill or smoker and necessary fuel to cook product.
3. All property used must be confined to your allocated space. All equipment must be free standing – no stakes, post holes or digging allowed. Use of sand buckets is allowed.
4. No pre-cooking allowed. Cooking will begin after the Team Captain meeting @2pm.
5. All fires must be contained. Absolutely no ground fires and digging pits.
6. Team Captain is responsible for team conduct. No lewd or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and dismissal from the event.
7. Each team is responsible for cleaning up their cooking area.
8. Feed the Need Missions and the Community Gardens will not be held responsible for loss, damage, theft, injury or accidents.
9. The cook off has the right to amend regulations as circumstances warrant.
10. Each team will prepare 100 samples for judging (25 full burgers quartered).
11. Burgers must be cooked according to Feed the Need Missions rules and regulations. Feed the Need Missions Dept food handlers will be available to you at all times during the cook off and their instructions are MANDATORY with regard to handling, storing, cooking and distribution of food.
12. Entry deadline for the event will be March 26, 2020 at 5pm. Teams will be placed in a spot upon arrival. Teams may set up at 2pm on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Late entries are welcome if space is available.
13. Judging for the Best Burger will begin at 5pm. At 5:45pm the judging will conclude and the jars will be collected to be counted.
14. The winner will be announced after the tickets are counted for each contestant (between 6-6:15pm).