Friends of FSH Research is excited to host our annual FSHD Research Update Meeting on Saturday February 27, 2021. This free event is open to anyone interested in learning more about the latest in FSHD Research. Whether you are living with FSHD, know a loved one with FSHD or interested in the latest research, this meeting is for you. With this year's virtual meeting, we will to have the largest number of participants to date.
You must pre-register for this free event to receive the Zoom link. The link and final agenda will be sent on Wednesday February 24th.
The meeting starts at 11:00 am Pacific Time (Seattle) and last approximately 3 1/2 hours. Each speaker will present for 10 minutes with 5 minutes for questions following each speaker. Presenters include (view details of each presenter here then use the back button on your browser to return to the registration page):
- Meeting Host: Premi Haynes, PhD, Friends of FSH Research Board of Directors
- Jeff Chamberlain PhD, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Stephen Tapscott MD PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Peter Jones, PhD & Takako Jones, PhD, University of Nevada-Reno School of Medicine
- Sujatha Jagannathan PhD, University of Colorado-Denver
- Angela Lek PhD, Yale University
- Danielle Hamm PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Jeffrey Statland MD, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Leo Wang MD, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Charles Marusak PhD, miRecule, Inc.
- John Davis, PhD, Dyne Therapeutics
- Michelle Mellion MD, Fulcrum Therapeutics
- Asifa Lalji, New Westminster, BC Patient Perspective
Please share this information with others you know who may be interested.
Following the Research Update, get your (virtual) bidding paddles ready for our week-long Virtual Auction and Fundraiser! Researchers, family members, patients, and others from the global FSHD community have generously donated works of art and fabulous items to help us raise funds to support our scientific portfolio. While the pandemic may have caused us to cancel our 2021 Gala, it hasn't reduced the need for research to find a treatment or cure for FSHD. With help from these wonderful artists and our donors we can sponsor more groundbreaking research toward a treatment for FSHD.
You can help by participating in the Virtual Auction, making a Fund-a-Cure Donation, or donate along with your meeting registration. You can also donate using your mobile device by texting 4ACURE to 44321.