MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2020
HACKBERRY CREEK COUNTRY CLUB FROM 7 AM - 6 PM
(FREE ENTRY: Limited spots: 20 Golfers Only - Please see Player Commitment Below)
If you'd like to commit to playing, just email Khanh Moutafis before July 24, 2020.
Are you up for the challenge? Consider this your invitation to the golf event unlike any other. Don’t call it a tournament. This day-long marathon takes oomph as you putt, chip, and drive your way through 54 holes. Tee off early and settle in for the time of your life. Because really, is there a better way to spend your day than golfing sun-up to sun-down?
This Golf-A-Thon is presented by the Neuro Assistance Foundation to help raise funds for spinal cord injured and disabled individuals so they can achieve self-sufficiency and mobility. NAF directly provides assistive vehicles, equipment, technology, and home modifications. But there is so much need out there, especially during this challenging time. 100% of the proceeds from this event will go directly to purchasing or providing for these individuals.
Throughout the event, golfers are treated to exclusive access to the Hackberry Creek Country Club (Irving, Texas), golf cart, a boxed meal, snacks, and beverages!
So do you have the spirit to go all 54 or will you stick to putt-putt?
SOME RULES TO MAKE 54 HOLES IN A DAY HAPPEN:
More questions? Watch this video.
- Score is not of primary importance today, it's all about the 54 holes!
- Play extremely READY golf, but traditional course etiquette still applies.
- Allow only seven minutes on average to complete each hole, (you should be completing 18 holes every three hours). If you are falling behind an event representative may ask you speed up play or pick up and move on to the next hole.
- Maximum of six strokes allowed per hole
- No Lost Ball penalties. Don’t search for lost balls! If you don’t drive right up to it, simply drop a ball near where you expected it to be and play on without any penalty.
- No Out of Bounds penalties. If you hit a ball OB, simply drop a ball within two club lengths of where the ball went OB and play on without penalty.
- No Water Hazard penalties. If you hit a ball in the water hazard, simply drop a ball within two club lengths of where the ball went in the hazard and play on without penalty.
- Don’t pull the flag sticks.
- No more than two putts per green.
- Play ends at 6:00 pm. There will be no play after 6pm allowed.
I understand that my role as a fundraising golfer is a significant responsibility and will make it a priority. I look forward to participating in the NAF Golf-A-Thon supporting Neuro Assistance Foundation and hereby commit to the following terms:
- In order to play, I will set a goal on the number of completed holes in exchange for my participation
- I will set a goal of $12 pledged per hole from my recruited contacts (12 people pledging $1 per hole, 24 people pledging $.50 per hole - or any variation leading to $12)
- All golf, carts, food, and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided by the event to you at no additional cost
- The event will proceed rain or shine.
- I will inform all donors that pledges made out to Neuro Assistance Foundation are tax deductible
- I will create my fundraiser page and use it to collect donations. Email Khanh Moutafis to set yours up.