This class is for motorcyclists who want to sharpen their group riding skills and learn more about motorcycling. The objective is to provide riders with life saving skills and enhance safety.
HERE YOU WILL LEARN:
* proper hand signals when riding in a group and the etiquette of group riding.
* what hazards you should watch out for when it comes to debris, steel road plates, tar snakes, cutouts, pot holes, gravel, construction sites.
* how to position your body if you drop your bike, where your arms, legs and feet should be when it does happen.
* how to pick up your bike when you are by yourself.
* how to inspect your bike before and after every ride.
* what it takes to be a good lead road captain, sweeper, tail gunner.
* what essential tools to carry on your bike.
* how to prepare for road trips.
* what type of gear or helmets are suitable for riding.
We will discuss traffic awareness, strategies for managing judging space and time, and the importance of training and constant practice.
Are you a solo rider and want to start participating in group rides? Did you just buy a bike or upgrade to another bike? Are you ready and prepared to go on road trips? Do you know what road hazards to watch out for? Do you have a riding passenger who wants to learn the basics to help you when riding two-up? Do you want to prepare yourself for the upcoming big ride events like Timpanogos Fallen Officer Ride 8/18 or the Ride to Zero 8/25? Then this is the perfect moto class for you!!
For Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced riders. Anyone is welcome!
Ride/Class Time: 3-4 Hours
Registration Time: 9:00AM-1:00PM (bags will be handed out at class; please make sure to RSVP).
Meeting Location: The Ridge Cafe in Draper/Sunset, http://ridgecafe.com/
Ride Route: Big Cottonwood Canyon or Tibble Fork Reservoir (group will have a choice to vote on the route day of class).
VERY LIMITED SEATING: MUST RSVP through link below...
We will need some volunteers during this ride. Must be experienced in leading a big group of bikes. Please contact us at 801-542-0996 or email us at email@example.com. Or when you RSVP, please make sure to let us know you will be volunteering. Also, complete the form below so we can know what skills level you have and what areas of volunteering you are interested in.
Please make sure to check for updates on our website www.theriderz.foundation or facebook. We will keep you posted through this FB event, so make sure you mark "GOING". We will add some educational material to this event post so you can prepare for the upcoming class. Please make sure to review the information we provide.
Our goal is to create a culture of safety minded individuals. We look forward in riding with you and helping you become a better and safe rider. Now Let's Ride!!