Join the nonviolence Movement
Community Advocate Training – Steps to End Domestic Violence
Wednesday, September 18
Saturday + Sunday, September 21 + 22
This comprehensive training will give YOU the practical tools you need to stop gender-based violence throughout Chittenden County. This 20-hour training will give you the information you need to better understand domestic violence, to support those who have experienced it, and to help break down antiquated taboos to bring the movement forward.
You will learn:
- The 5 steps of advocacy
- The empowerment model: What it is and how to apply it
- DV101: A history of the movement locally and nationally
- How to stop domestic violence in the community
- Trauma-informed response to crisis and response tools you can use
At the end of this exciting and energizing training, you will gain Vermont’s statewide Victim Crisis Worker Privilege. You will feel more prepared to stand up against gender-based violence and can apply what you know to help those you love who might be suffering in silence.
* For information about financial assistance, contact email@example.com *